Monday, January 21, 2013

Ruffled NB Leg Warmers

Click to enlarge

**Updated** - I altered the hook size and the number of stitches so the project will be a little larger and fit a bit better. Thank you to those who helped me with the sizing!

Size – Newborn
Hook – I

Round 1) Ch 22, join with sl st to form ring, ch 3 (counts as first dc), dc around, join to first dc with sl st – 20 dc
Round 2) Ch 2, fpdc around first dc, bpdc around next dc, fpdc around next dc, bpdc around next dc, join with sl st to first fpdc  (not ch 2) – 22 dc
Round 3 & 4) Repeat round 2 twice more
Round 5) Ch 1, sc in same as joining, sc around – 22 sc
Round 6-19) Repeat round 5 through round 16 – 22 sc
Round 20) Ch 1, sc in same as joining, sc around in BACK LOOP only – 22 sc
Round 21-24) Ch 2, hdc next stitch around in BACK LOOP only – 22 hdc
Round 25) Ch 1, sc in same stitch as joining, sc around in BACK LOOP only – 22 sc

Adding Ruffles:

You should have five lines formed by the unused front loops at the bottom of the leg warmer. You will use the first line, the third line and the fifth line for the ruffles.  – I started in the back.

Join in any front loop with color, ch 1, sc in same loop, *2 sc in next loop, sc in next loop* around, join to first sc with sl st, ch 1, 2 sc in same sc as joining, sc in every sc around, join with slst to first sc, tie off.

Follow those instructions for all of the ruffles. 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I made them for a woman needing a photography prop. Let me know how the pattern works for you if you decide to try it out. :)

      Delete
  2. I want to try these for a Raggedy Ann costume, but my baby is 7 months. I'll have to adjust a bit, but I'll be glad to let you know how they turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these and they've turned out great! Super easy pattern to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think if I used a bigger hook if it would fit a 4 month old? �� Thanj you

    ReplyDelete