Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MNE Crafts Graph Hat Collection


***This eBook was created for a very special reason. To read the story, please scroll down. If you just want the book go HERE and order it on Ravelry!***

This new eBook photo has 20 photos but I hope one stands out just a little more than the others (and not just because it's ten time the size as the others :p
See the cute little two year old in the cute blue glasses wearing the panda hat you barely notice because he rocks at stealing the spotlight? That's my son... and this photo totally captures his personality! And the toddler glasses? Well in a way, they are the reason for this new eBook release. 

Today, he had a follow-up eye appointment to see if the glasses were going to be enough to fix his Exotropia (among other issues). Exotropia is sort of like lazy eye but sometimes, it's worse than just a wondering eye and, if not corrected, can lead to complete loss of vision in the weaker eye. And unfortunately, the only way to correct this is through surgery.

My poor little man has exotropia in both of his eyes, though his left eye is a tad bit stronger then his right...  Despite it being the strong eye, it is still not strong enough to fight against the exotropia so his pediatric opthamologist is recommending double eye surgery to correct the muscles in his eyes that are causing the problems (picture rubber bands on both sides and top and bottom of the eye ball... the rubberband - muscle - on the outside of his eyes pull to hard and cause his eyes to go outwards).

As any parent probably knows, even the thought of a young child going through surgery is terrifying and I can't say I'm not exactly that: terrified. This little boy is my baby... my only son... and he has to be put under to have his eyes fixed just so he doesn't go blind in one eye in the future. One very real concern of surgery for just about any family is the cost of surgery. Even with insurance, it is typically very expensive.

And that's what brings us to this eBook. My little boy needs eye surgery and my husband and I need to pay for it! So the goal is to put my work at home mom status truly to the test. The first book I'm offering up is this collection of ALL of my graph hats INCLUDING the graph in my tutorial which has not been released up until now! And it's exclusive to this book :)

You can buy the book on Ravelry HERE and even use code: EXOTROPIA to get 20% off! (code is good up until a week before the scheduled surgery date - it's currently scheduled for May 15th so the code will expire at midnight MST on May 8th)

So, there you have it. <3 Thank you so much for reading and thank you even more if you decide this is the book for you! My family appreciates it more than you will ever know.

And just because he's super cute:






7 comments:

  1. My Grandson had to have surgery like that on both eyes and with his glasses is doing better. So praying for your son and you and dad also. Now to Ravelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers and support!! <3

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the patterns . . and wishing the little one the best of luck on his eye surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter had that some many years ago....she is 47 now. Very scarey I know...wishing you and the little one only the best of luck on his surgery...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me really appreciate the NHS in England. Our son also had lazy eyes and had to have several operations, one on one eye and three on the other. He is now thirty and although wears glasses he has good vision in both. I wish you all the very best xx

    ReplyDelete