Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saturday's FREE Pattern - Wrist Warmers



(Click to enlarge)

Price of wrist warmers: $15
Price of pattern: Free! 

Butterfly Shell Stitch Wrist Warmers

Hook I
Round 1) Ch 30, join with sl st to first ch – 29 ch st (the first and last become one because of sl st)

Round 2) Ch 3, 4dc in same stitch (first shell), sk 2 ch, sc in next ch, sk 2 ch, *5dc in next ch, sk 2 ch, sc in next ch* around, join with sl st to top of ch 3 – 5 shells; 5 sc

* Changing colors - With same color sl st into next dc, change color as you sl st into the 3dc of the shell. *

Round 3) Ch 1, sc in same st, *5 dc in next sc, sc in third dc of shell* around  (there will be 2 sk st between every shell and sc), join with sl st to first sc – 5 shells; 5 sc

Round 4) Sl st over to 3rd dc of shell (change color with final sl st) – ch 1, sc in same st, *5 dc in next sc, sc in third dc of shell* around, join with sl st to first sc – 5 shells; 5 sc

Round 5 – 12) Repeat round 4

Round 13-14) Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in every dc and sc around, sl st to first sc  – 30 sc

Round 15 - 18) Ch 1, sc in every sc until last 5 sc, ch 5, join to first sc with sl st (alternate colors at sl st) – 25 sc; 5 ch

Tie off round 18. Weave/cut ends.

Make 2. 

8 comments:

  1. How warm are they? They don't look so warm to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not honestly sure how to answer this? They don't have holes in them, the yarn is fairly thick, they are comfortable and I've had three people tell me that they think they look warm and feel warm (one being the person who modeled them for me).

      The pattern is free... so you're welcome to make them and find out for yourself.

      Delete
  2. They look gorgeous and warm. I have some think knit ones. Several pair and even they keep my hands warm during cold Pennsylvania winters. I cant wait to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned how to knit a little, not very well though. I hope the pattern works well for you. One lady who tried it said the hook listed turned out a bit big. I have a tight tension so mine turned out the perfect size.

      Have fun!

      Delete
  3. The thumb hole part confuses me. Shouldn't it be only for round 15 then 16-18 be all Sc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that is correct. You do the CH for a few rows and then on the last row you will sc down around all of them which creates the butterfly stitch. :)

      Delete
  4. Would these work for an adult or child?

    ReplyDelete